1. Stress can be the root cause of psychological disorders. Name four symptoms shared by acute and posttraumatic stress disorders.
Re living the harrowing event, avoidance, lessened awareness, increased excitement, anxiety and remorse.
2. What life events are most likely to trigger a stress disorder?
Terrorism, accidents natural disasters, wars, accidents, sexual violations. Any mental traumatic event
3. Traumatic events do not always result in a diagnosable psychological disorder. What factors determine how a person may be affected by one such event?
Factors that can determine whether one develops a stress disorder would be, childhood memories (experiences), social support, personalities, Biological process
4. What are the four stages in meeting the psychological needs of disaster victims?
Regulate people’s reactions to the tragedy, reassure terminologies of apprehension, anger and annoyance, communicate self-helping skills and make sure that there are plenty of referrals if needed.
5. What is the link between personality styles and heart disease?
When it comes to a person with a type A personality style it is more probable to be high strung, irritated, very driven, economical, and cynical. These people give stress to their lives as a result making themselves open for a heart attack. Type B personality people are laid back and not as worried about the fast pace of life. Those who are in between these two types depending on the amount of stress their probabilities of increasing heart disease vary.
6. List and briefly describe four psychological treatments for physical disorders. Four psychological treatments for physical disorder are,
Meditation this helps cope with the physical distress it also helps relieve physical distress. It helps to replace the person’s state of consciousness and helps them to ignore stressors for the time being.