Impact of Technology on Customers
New technology impacts both the internal and external users. Customers are given more opportunity to use the technology at their disposal. Companies have to look at the new technology from all aspects to make sure that it is going to benefit their customers and other users. The technology has to meet a certain criteria based on their operations. A good idea is to develop a list of pros and cons that explain:
• Does the technology cost too much/too little?
• Will the technology benefit the company in the upcoming operating periods?
• Who will have the most use of the technology?
• Is the new technology easy to navigate?
• Does the technology offer more for their customers?
• What type of applications will be needed to help customers interact with the company for any problems or questions?
• Will the new technology ultimately save the company money in the long-run?
• What type of advertising will be needed to attract new customers?
• Will the new technology help to move more of the company’s product, merchandise, etc.?
• Will the new technology help the company earn more profits or sales?
Customers are going to be the main users of the new technology. With this in mind, it is important that the company and technology team develop a system that that is going to be very useful to their needs. The company has to use their resources to make predictions on advertising, budgeting, forecasts, etc. A company that is well aware of what their customers will need while using their new technology system can develop better ideas to help make improvements.
One type of company that can benefit their customers with a new technology system is a merchandising company. A merchandising company offers their customers a variety of products that can be moved over a website. A website gives customers a wide-arrange of applications to choose...