“Although there is debate about the direction the US economy is headed, most analysts agree that though we are moving in towards a recovery, labor markets will be slow to rebound.
The economic downturn that we’re currently in has brought a number of challenges for the pharmaceutical industry, such as loss of health coverage through unemployment, decreasing health benefits for those still employed, and a lessened ability to pay for co-pays or prescriptions.
As a result, we are seeing increased issues of medication adherence by today’s patients. Moving forward, price pressures, from public payers, insurance companies and individuals, will lead many to replace branded products with generics. Due to these and other factors, the generics sector of the pharmaceutical industry is set to grow at a faster rate than the overall market.
“The Impact of Economic Factors on the Pharmaceutical Industry – Where the Next Five Years Will Take Us” is a consultancy-style report focused on the key economic issues affecting all pharmaceutical sectors and the various strategies companies are using to grow their business in these extremely challenging times.
Please Note: This product is delivered as a zip file
– Economic overview and the healthcare reform
– Effect of the economy on patient adherence
– Effect of the economy on the generics market
– Review of key strategies related to manufacturing, R&D, and sales and marketing
– Impact of the shift towards emerging economies
– Future outlook
Key Reasons to Purchase
– Understand the key issues which will impact your business throughout the coming years
– Develop effective business strategies in areas such as patient adherence, generic competition, health care changes, and emerging markets
– Identify & exploit where and how you can support your brand and organization by taking aim at these key issues head on
– Gain access to a fully sourced executive assessment of the challenges being faced within...