Introduction. The purpose of this policy is to establish acceptable and unacceptable use of Internet connection at Richman Investments in concurrence with its established culture of ethical and lawful behavior, openness, trust, and integrity.
Richman Investments provides LAN-to-WAN and Web Surfing services to meet missions, goals, and initiatives of the company. All employees must be responsible to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its information assets. This policy requires the users to comply with company policies and protect the company against damaging legal issues.
Scope. All employees, contractors, consultants, temporary and other workers at Richman Investments, including all personnel affiliated with third parties must adhere to this policy. These guidelines are intended to help you make the best use of the Internet resources at your disposal. You should understand the following.
1. The Company provides Internet access to all employees to assist them in carrying out their duties for the Company. It is envisaged that it will be used to lookup details about suppliers, products, to access government information and other statutory information. It should not be used for personal reasons.
2. You may only access the Internet by using the Company’s content scanning software, firewall and router.
When using the company’s Internet access facilities you should comply with the following guidelines.
• Do keep your use of the Internet to a minimum.
• Do check that any information you access on the Internet is accurate, complete and current.
• Do check the validity of the information found.
• Do respect the legal protections to data and software provided by copyright and licenses.
• Do inform the I.T. Department immediately of any unusual occurrence.
• Don’t download executables from known or unknown software sites
• Don’t redistribute unauthorized licensed or copyrighted material