I am writing this essay on the United states marine corps general orders. I will explain how they apply on my post as a military police officer at Marine Corps Air Station New river. I will list all the general orders from 1 to 11 and give a description of how they apply on the flight line and how i will enforce them.
The General Orders are a set of rules governing duty in the united states military, they are ment to cover any possible scenario a sentry standing duty or assuming a post would or might encounter on a day to day basis, the General Orders are as follows:
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To recieve, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Oficer, Officer Of the Day, and officers, and noncomissioned officers of the guard only.
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers, and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
As a provost marshal officer at marine corps air station new river, assuming the responsabilities as the flight line unit (sierra six-nine), i will abide by all my general orders, the first being , To take charge of this post and all government property in view, meening as a sentry i am in charge of the entire flight line, i will govern who has the proper credentials to...