Axia College Material
Web Source Evaluation
1. What is your expository essay topic?
Tattooing: The History and Acceptance in American Society.
2. Provide the URL of the Web site: https://www.msu.edu/~krcmari1/individual/history.html
3. Provide the name of Web site: History of Tattooing
4. Primary use: Educational Commercial Other
5. What is the purpose or goal of this Web site? The purpose of this website is to mainly educate and entertain.
6. What organization or individual created this site? Katherine L. Krcmarik from Michigan State University.
7. Does this organization or individual have affiliations that might create a built-in bias toward the information? Explain your answer.
I think this organization is unbiased, the University is made to teach facts. I believe they are here to tell the facts and let people know what this history of tattooing is.
What other references are cited for the information presented? The only thing that I see is that this website has not been updated since 2003
8. What other types of organizations are linked to this site? (Using the Google search engine, type link: and the Web site address [for example, link:www.Website.com].)
The only links that came up were from the same website.
9. Who is the author of the page? Does that person have valid credentials to present this information? Explain your answer. Katherine L. Krcmarik, I believe that she has the credentials. Katherine was a student at the Michigan State University; she made this website for one of her classes. I believe that what she wrote is correct because this was a school project.
10. Can you provide feedback on the Web site and create an exchange with the author or Web site manager? I am able to email the author.
11. When was the material on the Web site...