Topic: Boycott Fur
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience not to support the Fur Industry.
Thesis Statement: There is a need to show compassion for defenseless animals and it is very simple to help.
A. Heart breaking topic.
1. Urge all not wear fur. Boycot fur.
2. Hope never owned fur. But maybe have.
3. When I was little, grandma thought really cool
fur to church. Let grand daughters try on fur coats.
4. But course, cant blame. Didn't know better. When know better, do
B. According to “Inside the Fur Industry”
1. Animals fur farm lead Painful Short.
2. Killing methods, further detail, gruesome. Federal humane slaughter law doesn't
3. Minks used for breeding, kept for four to five years. Animals- in
small cages—with fear, stress, disease, parasites, and other physical
psychological hardships all for sake of global industry that makes billions
4. According to “Living a Compassionate Vegetarian Life without Wool, Leather"
Since fur farmers care only preserving quality of fur, use slaughter methods
keep pelts intact but result in extreme suffering for animals.
C. Small animals crammed boxes poisoned with hot, unfiltered engine exhaust from a
truck. Sometimes engine exhaust not always lethal, and some animals wake up while
1. .Larger animals have clamps rods mouths while rods inserted into
their anuses, painfully electrocuted. Frying insides. Some poisoned
2. While waiting for murder.
A. Caught in steel leg hold traps. In so much pain, chew off their limbs to escape.
B. Since unable to eat, keep warm, defend against predators, many die horrible ways
before the trapper (killer) arrives kill them.
C. Others suffer in traps for days until caught killed.
D. To avoid damaging the pelt, trappers even beat or stomp animals to death. Suffocate
them paralyzing muscles in...