Case Study #2
1. The id is what is responsible for Steve’s behavior. Since Steve seeks pleasure in having just a sexual relationship with and not anything further I believe the id is behind his behavior because it is the pleasure principal. In Steve’s case it seems like there is no control the id has taken over there is nothing trying to equal out him just seeking pleasure.
2. The unconsciousness is controlling the behavior because that is where aggression lies. Steve shows aggression in the way that he has to be the one to control the relationship. He is the one who is using the opposite sex and decides when to end with the women.
3. Steve is fixated at the Phallic Stage where pleasure is derived from the genital area. When an adult and fixated at this stage man will have problems with relationships and focus solely on the sexual part for pleasure. They also feel the need to seem attractive and good looking; Steve exhibits all these things.
4. Steve has the Phallic Personality this so because Steve has to always feel attractive. He needs to be attractive and wanted by women to feel the void he has. At the same time Steve has a problem with knowing how to involve himself in a commitment. His relationships are solely based on sex.
5. If a women was fixated in the Phallic Stage she would likely feel the need to be more inferior to man. A woman would to dominate at things that men typically only do. A woman would also have problems in relationships as well as the men do. Women tend to have issues with identifying with their feminity when fixated at this stage.