History of Civilization I Assignment #1. Please answer ALL the questions below. Questions are based on The Social Dimensions of Western Civilization Volume I. Assignment # 1 is DUE Monday January 27, by 5 p.m. Please submit your paper to me through the assignment feature either as an attachment or type in the assignment space on LEARN. The attachment is on the assignment page. The paper must be grammatically correct, internally cited, double-spaced and turned in on time. It should be 5 pages in length. Please make sure to use internal documentation when necessary. It should sufficiently and thoroughly answer all the questions. Please refrain from using block quotes or excessive quoting. Write in your own words. Tell me what the author is saying. Assignment #1 is worth 75 points. Please read ALL the essays and answer ALL the questions. Students may number questions and answer them, or separate questions by paragraphs. Please see the notes in the organizer on the Hebrews. THE ASSIGNED TEXT MUST BE USED.
READ AND ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS. DUE DATE: MON JAN 27 by 5 pm
Please read “Formation of Western Attitudes Toward Women” Vern L. Bullogh, Shelton, and Slavin. P. 4, “Why the Hebrews Keep Kosher.” P. 26
“Slavery in the Ancient Near East” p. 16
1. What purpose did women serve in the ancient Near East? Did they have any rights? If so, what?
2. Why did women have such a low status in Mesopotamia? WHY were men valued? What reasons does the author give?
3. Women were treated better in Egypt than Mesopotamia-how so? What evidence indicates this? Provide examples.
4. What connections or evidence demonstrates that ancient views on women influenced modern western societies? Give support to your answer.
5. Where did slaves come from in the ancient world? How did one become a slave?
6. What type of codes or laws existed to legislate slavery? Give examples.
7. What is the relationship between religion and culture? In other words, how did food define the Hebrews?...