Disk management solution for CCTV applications
1) External USB Hard Disk Storage
- Will be connected to the PC that is running CCTV application via USB connector
- Disk usage and management will be monitored by batch script that run under Windows Task Scheduler
2) I-SCSI Server Storage
- i-SCSI server(i-SCSI Enterprise Target) is running on top of Linux Operating System (CentOS, Redhat, etc)
- Will be connected to CCTV Application server via a crossover UTP cable
- All hard disk will be installed inside the i-SCSI server
- One NIC from CCTV Application Server will be use for a connection to i-SCSI server
- Microsoft i-SCSI initiator will need to be installed on CCTV Application server
- All disks will be exported from I-SCSI server to CCTV Application server via crossover UTP cable. Existing network will not be interrupted.
- Disk usage and management will be monitored by a batch script that run under Windows Task Scheduler inside CCTVC Application Server
Disk usage and management batch script overview
1) This script will be run under Windows Task scheduler on the specific time frame to continuously monitor the usage of CCTV data drive and automated the process of swapping the full drive with empty drive.
2) Below is some details of how this batch script works:-
i. Configure Windows Task scheduler to run this script on a specific time frame.
ii. The script will check the total usage of CCTV data drive, if the drive is about 90% full:-
- Kill the CCTV application process
- Un-mount the currently being use drive
- Mount another drive that has been allocated with the same mount point
- Run the CCTV application back
iii. If the drive is still below 90% usage, the script will exit and do nothing.