I have selected the driving to work process of preparation five times per week and speed up my daily morning routine to getting ready for work. A flowchart is paradigmatic for consecutive processing steps and each step of the process will be executed in order but this could change due to results of some simple decisions needed to be made to complete the process. The Procedure I used to make my flowchart Starting and ending steps are represented as oval shapes and broke down the process to determined and identified them as blocks. I have also used the parallelogram for processing steps and Decision steps shown by diamond shape, persistent the sequence of the process to ensure arrows symbol is used for showing the flow of process for every decision delaying and design the flowchart with features of Microsoft Visio. Flowcharts are valuable than fancy graphics as it represents the systematic flow of logic.
Comment on the factors that affect the process design
The factors that affect the process of design in prepare and drives to work are morning wake up alarm and traffic conditions on the freeway. It acts, as decisive factor is execution of steps.
Following are the steps involved in preparation and drive to work:
(1) Prepare the cloth kit in the night
(2) Check the weather condition if weather conditions are rainy then go to step 3, else go to step4 (3) set the morning wake buzzer for 5:20 a.m.
(4) Other morning wake buzzer for 5: 40 a.m.
(5) Wake up, get ready, and start the car for work
(6) View the light of the meter before merging on freeway.
(7) If it is green light, then go to step 7, else go back to step 8.
(8) Merge on freeway.
(9) Check the traffic on freeway. If freeway traffic is not crowded then go to step 11 else steps 12
(10) Drive the car at faster with the maximum allowed speed limit
(11) Drive the car at slower with low speed
(12) Park the car and go to office
The best metric that I can think to measure my process...