EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE AT WORK
Emotional intelligence framework
THE INTRAPERSONAL REALM | THE INTERPERSONAL REALM |
THE ADAPTABILITY REALM | THE STRESS MANAGEMENT REALM |
THE GEERAL MOOD REALM |
The Intrapersonal Realm concerns your ability to know and manage yourself. Its embraces:
* Self awareness
* Self – regard
* Self – actualisation
Self awareness – the ability to recognise how you’re feeling and why feeling that way and the impact your behaviour has on others.
Self awareness assignment:
1. Over the next week, record the strongest emotion you experience each day. Beside each emotion, write down your accompanying bodily sensation and thought.
2. In a final column, write down how your become aware of that feeling. That is did you recognise the emotion as it occurred, become aware of it through bodily sensations, or become aware of it through thoughts?
Assertiveness - the ability to clearly express your thoughts and feeling, stand your ground and defend a position.
1. Over the next 2 weeks continue to write down vignettes where you behave assertively, passively and aggressively and list the self talk and interfered with your being assertive.
2. For situational where you behave passively, dispute and debate the self talk and interfered with your being assertive.
3. For situation where you behave aggressively, dispute and debate the self talk and let you to such behaviour.
Independence – the ability to be self directed and self controlled in your thinking and actions and to be free of emotional dependency. Independent people are elf reliant in planning and making important decision.
Self regard – the ability to appreciate your perceived position aspects and possibility as well as to accept your negative aspect and limitation and still feel good about yourself.
Self regard assessment:
1. How much do you like yourself?