ENG 121 Week 4 DQ 1 Revision Versus Editing
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get the tutorial:
Revision Versus Editing. Read Chapter 9 of Essentials of College Writing. In your initial post for this discussion:
1. Discuss the key differences between revising and editing.
2. Provide an example of what a writer does when revising, and what a writer does when editing.
3. Explain how much time you believe a writer should spend on each task and why.
4. Include a question you have about the content of the assigned reading for the week.
Your initial post must be 200 to 300 words in length and posted by Day 3. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references.
Respond to at least two of your classmates. In each response:
1. Address your classmate’s description of revising and editing.
2. Agree or disagree with your classmate’s description of each.
3. Offer examples of an editing or revising task to support your agreement/disagreement.
4. You may also respond to your classmates’ questions.
Make sure you support your comments with insights from your own reading. Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length and posted by Day 7. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu. You are not required to support your claims with additional scholarly materials; however, should you decide to use additional resources, make sure you properly cite any references. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center’s Citation and Reference Guide for guidelines on citing sources in APA style.