1. ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS
2. FINANCIAL STATEMENT: Boustead Holdings Berhad
1. Income Statement
2. Balance Sheet
3. Cash Flow
3. INTRODUCTION: Company Background
4. FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE: Ratio
5. BUSINESS AND INDUSTRIAL ANALYSIS
6. BUY / SELL DECISION
7. CURRENT & FUTURE ECONOMIC THREATS
BALANCE SHEET (CONT’D)
CASH FLOW STATEMENT
CASH FLOW STATEMENT (CONT’D)
A. INTRODUCTION Company Background (Boustead Holdings Berhad)
Boustead Holdings Berhad, an investment holding company, primarily engages in the cultivation of oil palms in Malaysia. The Company was founded in 1828 as Boustead & Co. and changed its name to Boustead Holdings Berhad in 1966. Listed on Bursa Malaysia in 1961, Boustead today has 133 subsidiaries of which 3 companies are listed and 16 associate companies of which one is listed and has total assets in excess of RM8 billion and more than 12,000 employees. The major shareholder of Boustead as of 31 December 2007 is Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (LTAT) with 56.41% and covers 103,150 hectares of land throughout Malaysia.
The Boustead Group's operations and business activities can be categorised into six core business areas namely:
1. The Plantation division involves in planting and processing oil palm and rubber; and forestry and oil bulking installations.
2. The Heavy Industries division engages in shipbuilding; marine engineering, oil and gas, offshore fabrication, and fabrication of steel structures and platforms; and ship repair activities. This division also provides marketing and related services for the maritime defence industry.
3. The Property division develops commercial and residential properties; invests in residential bungalows and industrial warehouses; and operates hotels.
4. The Finance and Investment division offers commercial banking services, which include credit...