Command Inspector General
(1) Assume an oversight role for the CGVP and all external inspection/evaluation/audits.
(2) Serve as the principal advisor to the CG MCCDC and Comdr MCBQ on all inspection matters. Brief the CG MCCDC and Comdr MCBQ as necessary and/or when requested.
(3) Conduct, or cause to be conducted, all inspections,
evaluations, and audits in Order to fulfill the requirements of this Order. Ensure that all commanding generals of commands subordinate to CG MCCDC are advised of inspections within this organization and that they are properly briefed as necessary or when requested.
(4) Ensure all augmentee inspectors receive training on the proper conduct of inspections and inspection procedures.
(5) Obtain current Marine Corps inspection checklists through the AIRS.(6) Request appropriate assistance from HQMC staff agencies for those inspections, evaluations, and audits requiring special expertise not resident within this Command.
(7) Prepare a unit inspection report and Status of Findings Report to the commander/head of the inspected activity within 15 days of the completion of any inspection or evaluation.
(8) Respond with action taken to correct any findings identified during an inspection within 30 days of the date of the unit inspection report. Respond as directed upon receipt of the Status of Findings Report.
(9) Document all inspections, evaluations, and audits; maintain records of all such inspections, evaluations, audits for a period of 3 years; make records available to the IGMC during triennial inspections of this Command.
(10) Provide an independent command evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems to deter and/or detect fraud, waste, abuse, discrimination, sexual harassment and other related improprieties. When weaknesses are detected, provide recommendations to correct and/or strengthen internal control systems as appropriate.
d. Tenant Activity Heads. Participate in the CGVP per existing...