GED 102 The Human Body unit 4 Examination
Click Link Below To Buy:
Multiple Choice Questions (Enter your answers on the enclosed answer sheet)
1. The three mucosa-covered projections into the nasal cavity that greatly increase surface area of
mucosa exposed to air are called ________.
d. paranasal sinuses
2. The posterior portion of the palate that is not supported by bone is called the ________.
a. soft palate
b. paranasal sinus
d. hard palate
3. From superior to inferior, the three regions of the pharynx are the ________.
a. oropharynx, nasopharynx, laryngopharynx
b. nasopharynx, oropharynx, laryngopharynx
c laryngopharynx, oropharynx, nasopharynx
d. nasopharynx, laryngopharynx, oropharynx
4. The ________ tonsil, or adenoid, is located high in the nasopharynx region.
5. The ________ routes air and food into their proper channels and plays a role in speech.
c. nasal conchae
6. The mucosa-lined windpipe that extends from the larynx to the level of the fifth thoracic
vertebra is called the ________.
c. main (primary) bronchus
d. nasopharynxUnit 4 Examination 172 GED 102 The Human Body
7. ________ lining the mucosa of the trachea beat continuously to propel contaminated mucus to
b. Coarse hairs
8. The process of physically and chemically breaking food particles down is referred to as
9. The ________ runs from the pharynx through the diaphragm to the stomach.
d. small intestine
10. The innermost layer of the alimentary canal is referred to as the ________.