1) It is the employee’s responsible to pay for the white shirt and black pants because it is not considered special uniform.
2) No, because it is not a certain brand, or style that the employer wants. It is only a white shirt and blank pants, not a uniform where all employees are wearing the same style and brand of clothing.
3) His vacation entitlement is that he will get at least 2 weeks of vacation because it is after 12 consecutive months of employment. Even though Michael worked 3 years his vacation entitlement does not add up to at least 6 weeks (at least 2 weeks each year, but he has worked 3 years) because his employer must ensure an employee takes an annual vacation within 12 months after completing the year of employment entitling the employee to the vacation. His employer must allow Michael who is entitled to an annual vacation to take it in periods of one or more weeks. His vacation also excludes statutory holidays.
4) My legal entitlement is that my employer does not have to give me vacation because I haven’t worked 12 consecutive months yet. I will get paid at least 4% of the my total wages during the year of employment entitling the employee to the vacation pay.
Day Good Friday
6) No other provinces have more statutory holidays than B.C.
7) The purposes of this Act are as follows:
(a) to ensure that employees in British Columbia receive at least basic standards of compensation and conditions of employment;
(b) to promote the fair treatment of employees and employers;
(c) to encourage open communication between employers and employees;
(d) to provide fair and efficient procedures for resolving disputes over the application and interpretation of this Act;...