2. One advantage to the informal organization is that it is an informal gathering of people, apart from the formal organizational structure, that satisfies member/social and other needs. One of the approaches a supervisor can take to foster cooperation with informal groups is to put employees in to groups that work well together. Unfortunately, sometimes said groups can get distracted by the familiarity of their groups.
4. One major disadvantage of the project management type organizational structure is frequent direct accountability. Project management, also known as the matrix structure, violates the principle of unity of command because departmental employees are accountable to a departmental supervisors and project managers.
5. Very fortunately, my family and I have not been affected by layoffs or downsizing. With my father owning his own business for several years, my mom working for the university she graduated from, my brother having both a medical degree and an engineering degree and me working in restaurants, we all have the skills needed to stay unaffected.
1. The difference between development and training is that development is defined as the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and behaviors that improve an employee’s abilities to meet changes in job requirements and in customers’ demands; and training is defined as an organizations planned efforts to help employees acquire job related knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors, with the goal of applying these on the job. Development supports career management in modern organizations by helping to continuously train/develop employees.
1. I would define leadership as having the characteristics and skills needed by others to follow.
a. I actually did a quick online survey to see who I would most likely be a follower of, and it came up with JFK the first time and Abraham Lincoln the second time. The website allows you to choose how many questions to answer, and has you...