A financial protection plan for executives in case they are released from the organization is called a golden parachute
For more course tutorials visit
Prepare to take a Final Examination.
1. ____Today’s managers have found that employees do not set aside their cultural values and lifestyle preferences when they come to work. The challenge is to make organizations more accommodating to diverse groups of people by addressing different lifestyles, family needs, and work styles.
2. ____The part-time, temporary, and contract workers used by organizations to fill peak staffing needs or perform work not done by core employees is called the contingent workforce.
3. ____Quality management’s objective is to create an organization committed to continuous improvement or one that leads to achieving an effective and lean work force. A well-managed organization according to W. Edward Deming was one in which statistical control reduced variability and resulted in uniform quality and predictable quality of output.
4. ____Work process engineering will generate its benefits only if Human Resource Management does train its employee population.
5. ____ Causes of stress can be grouped into two major categories: motivational and personal
6. ____Technological changes have required HRM to address or change its practices when it deals with such activities as recruiting as recruiting and selecting employees, motivating and paying individuals, training and developing employees, and in legal and ethical matters.
7. ____Drug testing in today’s organization is conducted not to eliminate illegal substance at the point of hire, but only to catch those using it in the workplace.
8. ____Type A behavior is characterized by a procrastinated sense of time urgency, excessively competitive drive, and difficulty accepting and enjoying leisure time.
9. ____The purpose of job analysis is only concerned with the amount of...