09901366442 – 09902787224
Airlines Flight Catering
1. Discuss the roles of the four stakeholders. What might be the problem areas?
2. Discuss how the emergence of two flight caterer giants might impact on the global market.
3. What are the key variables in forecasting air traffic?
4. What are the service priorities for travelers in choosing airlines?
5. What are the differences from other forms of transport when travelling by air?
6. What action can airlines take to counteract the effects of flying?
7. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of branding strategies with an example of a product.
8. What are the fundamental characteristics of developing good supplier relationship?
9. Flight caterers commonly server multiple airlines. What implications can this have on inventory management?
10. Discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of each different type of production method.
11. What would happen in a production unit if a flight was delayed for more than six hours?
12. How might the location, design, layout and process choice of a production unit affect the organization of staff?
13. Identify the main hazards to food safety in flight catering.
14. What is the difference between a HACCP system and an audit?
15. Identify the reasons why tight security is imposed on the transportation and loading of flight services.
16. What are the advantages of utilizing refrigerated trucks?
17. What factors add to the complexity of the logistics problem in flight catering?
18. What considerations need to be made when deciding whether or not to back-cater?
19. Identify the advantages to flight caterers of using integrated information systems.
20. Identify the...