* The riskiest thing you can do is just maintain the status quo.
* Arrogance is a sure way to create failure.
* Positions in power, success gets into the persons head
* Leadership can be isolating experience: in isolation you lose the ability to hear different opinions
* Leadership comes with power that can be intimidating to allow individuals to express themselves in honest ways.
* Collection of all things, the leadership power can go to your head and corrupt.
* Finding leadership in people is something you learn over time
* Time to see to determine if they have the leadership skills.
* See them in action
* Interacting with people
* Open minded
* Ability to take risks
* See before you can stamp a leader on a person’s forehead
* Maintain Credibility as a Leader:
* Remind people that honest mistakes deserve 2nd chances
* OK to fail and make a mistake as long as you’re trying hard or an honest mistake.
* When a reputation is killed is when failure comes in the form of loss of integrity, lapse of judgments, breaking regulations/laws
* Some types of failures do not allow a 2nd chance
* Allow others to try again in their mistakes to make things right
* Big at taking risks in leadership; Leaders should learn to take risks
* Insurgents: Everything to gain nothing to lose.
* Incumbents: little to gain a lot to lose.
* If one plays it same continuously, it may get you by for a while but it will eventually caught up to you
* Creativity, everything is a risk. It’s not a science.
* Constantly taking risk and you’re bound to experience failure
* Critical characteristics and attributes of a leader is to be able to tolerate failure. It is inevitable.
* We tend to take more risk when it comes to business then we do with people. We’re far more risk adverse with people
* Want to be...