* Week One Discussion Questions
Please select two DQ's from the below list. Post each one separately under this parent thread. Supply two citations in the body, two references at the bottom of response and a minimum of 350 words. Post DQ's, 1 summary and 5 additional DQ related posts by the due date to earn participation points.
1. What are process flow structures? What structure does your organization rely on the most? How effective has the structure been in achieving organizational goals?
2. What is the difference between product layout and process layout? Which product and process layout represents your organization's current layout? Is the product and process layout appropriate? What challenges have been faced as a result of the current layout?
3. Choose a process you are familiar with, and draw a process flowchart similar to Exhibit 5.1 on p. 157 of the text. Discuss how a flowchart could be used to improve this process.
4. Which process flow structures are prevalent in your organization? Are the process flow structures appropriate? How effective have the structures been?
5. What is the service design matrix? Why would service organizations want to rely on the service design matrix? How appropriate would the service design matrix be for your organization?
Week Two Discussion Questions
1. How do service providers with which you are familiar manage queues? How effective have they been at managing queues? Is the appropriate method for managing queues currently being utilized?
2. What is process capability? Provide an example of how it may be used in your organization.
3. In what ways does your organization rely on statistical process control? As organizations seek to become more effective, what role might statistical process control play, if any?
4. What is the learning curve and how may it be applied? Would the learning curve be appropriate for your organization?
5. What is Six Sigma? What are the advantages...