Organizing Your Workspace
In each section under Use It, you will be given a list of instructions and files to work with.
All companies have a file management system, which is a method for naming their files and folders. This makes files easy to find and use by any person in the business, ensuring that the employees are more productive and the workplace is standardized.
Let’s begin by setting up your workspace with the folders and files you will use with in your orientation.
1. Create a folder on the desktop label it as:
Make sure there are no spaces or capital letters in the folder name. Use an underline to separate the words.
2. Open this folder and create another folder called
3. Open this folder and create another folder called
4. Open the folder on Moodle called intern_orientation_workfiles
Download those files onto to your desktop in the workfiles folder in your intern_orientation folder.
5. Copy your folder on the desktop
6. Paste your folder in your documents
7. Rename your folder to the following:
8. Delete your folder from the desktop
9. Create folders for the following activities. Inside each folder create another folder labeled workfiles
Section Folder Name
Intern Orientation intern_orientation
Up to Speed up_to_speed
Could Be Better could_be_better
Cover Me cover_me
Let’s Do Lunch lets_do_lunch
Secrets of Sunset Boulevard secrets_of_sunset_boulevard
Scene and Be Seen scene_and_be_seen
And the Winner Is… and_the_winner_is
10. Click on the Windows button and select the Snipping tool. Select...