DECEMBER Holiday Homework 2013
Newspaper / Magazine Reviews
* Complete three reviews of newspaper / magazine articles using the given template. A sample review has been attached for your reference.
* All articles should be on one of the topics below and topics should not repeat.
* Rich-poor Gap
* Natural Disaster
* Ageing Population
* Teenage Issues
* You may use print and non-print articles. Articles should be dated no earlier than October 2013.
* Your reviews should be typed out. Articles used must be included in your reviews. For print articles, include the original article in your reviews. For non-print articles, please print them out with your review.
* Please print out your reviews for submission.
* Deadline: 1st English lesson in Term 1 2014
Name & index no. | |
Class | |
Topic(s) | |
Title of article | |
Date of article | |
Source | |
Issue(s)Summary of main concern(s) of the article | |
Points of view Perspectives of the people concerned (give at least 2 perspectives) | |
ConsequencesPossible negative & positive effects of the issue(s) | |
Evidence / DataStatistics, examples, anecdotes, etc. | |
VocabularyUseful words & phrases related to the issue | |
Personal OpinionYour personal view on the issue | |
Name & index no. | Jean Grey (10) |
Class | 3S4 |
Topic(s) | Food & Health, Media |
Title of article | 14 F&B firms pledge to curb ads aimed at kids |
Date of article | October 30, 2012 |
Source | The Straits Times |
Issue(s)Summary of main concern(s) of the article | Obesity is on the rise in Singapore and it is believed that advertising influences what children choose to eat. The Singapore government has introduced an initiative to stop advertising unhealthy...