PHI 208 Week 4 Media Quiz
Copy & Paste the link into your browser to get this tutorial:
1. What would best express Colonel Nicholson’s (Alec Guinness) view regarding what makes a soldier, as expressed in the The Bridge on the River Kwai clip?
2. According to the scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai, what is the ultimate reason Colonel Nicholson (Alec Guinness) insists that the soldiers work hard to build the best bridge possible:
3. Which of the skills that Phil Connors (Bill Murray) learns in the course of his time in the
4. Which of these theories best describes the transformation of Phil Connors (Bill Murray) by the end of Groundhog Day?
5. In The Emperor’s Club, what best describes the teacher’s (Kevin Kline) response to his student’s (Emile Hirsch) admission of cheating?
6. What would be the most plausible message that Groundhog Day is communicating about the relation between ethical standards and individual happiness?
7. What is Rita’s (Andie MacDowell) response to Phil’s (Bill Murray) self-indulgence in the café (eating a tableful of pastries, smoking, etc.)?
8. Of the following choices, which is the most reasonable estimate of the amount of days that Phil Connors (Bill Murray) was stuck in the loop?
9. Which of these might be considered virtuous behavior on the part of Phil Connors (Bill Murray), according to accounts like Aristotle’s and MacIntyre’s?
10. Which of the following would be an idea shared both by the teacher (Kevin Kline) from the clip of The Emperor’s Club, and by either MacIntyre or Aristotle (or both)?