Now, write an essay addressing all of the following questions.
Your essay should be 5-10 sentences long. Use complete sentences and correct grammar!
1. Which of the four Philosophies of Art best reflects your own beliefs about art?
2. Why do you hold that belief?
3. Where do you think your belief came from (your life experiences, your personality—explain)?
4. What, if anything, has changed about your beliefs about art from what you used to think?
5. Can a person believe in more than one philosophy at a time (why or why not)?
6. What Philosophy are you most interested in trying and why?
Essay: Personally the Philosophy of Art that best reflects my own beliefs is formalism. When looking at or creating my own art, I feel that the final out come of which the art is created should be personally stylized and should be interesting to look at. A person’s artwork should be done very systematically and should be organized exactly the way the artist intended to that the piece of art is attractive. I feel that my beliefs come from my personality. I feel that with everything I do that others are going to observe should express my style of work or my way of putting things together. For example, when I get dressed for a formal event or football game I always make sure my whole outfit is put on exactly how I want it so that I represent myself in a positive, well put together manor. Before learning about the Philosophies of Art I did not have a very clear understanding of expressive art. Before, I just assumed it was the way people expressed themselves in art; now I understand that they are also trying to give the observer the same feeling they gained from creating their artwork. I feel that an artist can indeed believe in more than one philosophy at once because some qualities of art are similar like formalism and expressivism for example. Both formalism and expressivism have to do with the process in which the art was made, whether that be just for fun or in...