October 14, 2013
“The world is changing all around us. To continue to thrive as a business over the next ten years and beyond, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape our business in the future and move swiftly to prepare for what's to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our bottling partners(coca-colacompany.com)”.
Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
• To refresh the world...
• To inspire moments of optimism and happiness...
• To create value and make a difference.(coca-colacompany.com)
What is a purpose statement?
A Purpose Statement is a sentence written, that states with some detail; what do you want to learn about a research project? This statement guides the researches while working on a project so that it can be read and while taking notes only on what is needed for the project.
Focus on the topic and after reading write a sentence that shows what more you want to learn. Purpose Statements can change several times before being completed. Before writing the sentence; answer these questions individually as best as you can:
1. What is my personal interest in the topic?
2. What do I want to learn about the topic?
Writing a Purpose Statement will do 4 things to help you:
• Get you more interested in the research project.
• It will help you stay focused and not get overwhelmed and panic at all the information found.
• It saves valuable time and effort.
• It helps develop the facts that are needed later on the research project
Problems and dilemmas facing Coca Cola that can be addressed by research....