SAMPLE PAPER - 2008
Class - X
SUBJECT – SCIENCE
Time: 2 ½ Hrs Maximum Marks: 60
I) The question paper comprises of two sections A and B. You are to attempt both the sections.
ii) The candidates are advised to attempt all the questions of Section A separately and Section B separately.
iii) All questions are compulsory.
iv) There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in two questions of five marks category in Section A and one question of 2 marks category and one question of 3 marks category in Section B. You are to attempt only one option in such questions.
v) Marks allocated to each question are indicated against it.
vi) Questions 1 to 6 in Section A and 17 to19 in Section B are very short answer questions. These are to be answered in one word or one sentence only.
vii) Questions 7 to 10 in Section A and 20 to24 in Section B are short answer questions. These are to be answered in about 30 - 40 words each.
viii) Questions 11 to 14 in Section A and 25 to 26 in Section B are also short answer questions. These are to be answered in about 40 - 50 words each.
ix) Questions 15, 16 in Section A and 27 in Section B are long answer questions. These are to be answered in about 70 words each.
1. What happen when Crystal of washing soda are exposed to air?
2. What do you meant by pole of spherical mirror?
3. What is to be done to make pure gold useful for making jewellary?
4. What is white light?
5. Why does use of ordinary soap cause irritation to skin?
6. How does the resistance depends on its radius?
7. What information is available from the following chemical equation:-
CaCo3 + 2HCl Cacl2 + H2O + Co2
8. What are the two methods of producing magnetic field? Which of these is better and why?
9. What is a universal indicator? What is its Use?
10. What factor would you consider while choosing an energy sources for a particular situation?
11. A metal X in...