1971 in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. Original name of company was Starbucks
Coffee, Tea and Spices, later changed to Starbucks Coffee Company.
Starbucks is named after the first mate in Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
To establish Starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world
while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow.
• Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
• Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
• Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting and
fresh delivery of our coffee.
• Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
• Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
• Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
• Coffee: More than 30 blends and single-origin coffees.
• Handcrafted Beverages: Fresh-brewed coffee, hot and iced espresso
beverages, coffee and non-coffee blended beverages, and Tazo® teas.
• Merchandise: Assorted home espresso machines, coffee brewers and
grinders, a line of premium chocolate, coffee mugs and coffee accessories, and
a variety of gift items.
• Fresh Food: Baked pastries, sandwiches and salads.
• Starbucks Entertainment: A selection of the best in music, books and film
from both emerging and established talent, offering Starbucks customers the
opportunity to discover quality entertainment in a fun, convenient way.
• Global Consumer Products: Line of bottled Starbucks Frappuccino®
beverages, Starbucks Discoveries® chilled cup coffee (in Japan, Taiwan and
Korea), Starbucks DoubleShot® espresso drinks, Starbucks® Iced Coffee,
whole bean coffee and Tazo® teas at grocery, Starbucks™ Coffee Liqueurs
and a line of superpremium ice creams.
• Starbucks Card: Starbucks Card, a reloadable stored-value card, surpassed
the $2.5 billion mark for total activations and...