Question 1: Identify causes of stress and state their impact on the workplace
We can divide causes in to three groups.
1.) Causes related to working tasks and work load
* Overload – taking too many tasks/jobs at once resulting to poor decision making and poor prioritizing and planning
As a result the tasks are not getting proper attention to details also the tasks are not prepared properly and are rushed towards the deadline and the task might be completed in a poor quality.
* Deadlines – deadline itself creates the pressure which can leads to hasty conclusion
without narrow thinking especially if the deadline is set up with very short notice
The impact of this is the tasks are left till last minute and then processed in incorrect way and can result into failure to meet deadline or meet the deadline but in poor quality standard.
* Unclear/poorly defined task – can cause confusion throughout the team and cause frustration within the workforce.
Person fears the task will not get done correctly and will fall to the ground.
2.) Causes related to working environment
* Lightening, temperature, loudness
Their impacts to the workplace are the person feels uncomfortable, is unable to concentrate to work task in a workplace which can also lead to the high level of irritation. The person becomes very hard to communicate and cooperate with other colleagues.
3.) Causes related to social factors
* Relationships between colleagues
Bad relationships and unresolved conflicts at workplace create unhealthy atmosphere to work in which complicates cooperation and brings the work rate down. People working in this kind of environment are under the constant pressure / stress.
* Personal issues and family problems – can lead to lack of concentration because the person has got a lot on the mind and cannot focus on the work tasks.
Question 2: List symptoms of stress in the workplace
There are 3 groups the symptoms can be defined under: