The SWOT Matrix for Cisco Systems STRENGTHS--S WEAKNESSES--W
5. Strong cash inflows.
8. Acquisitions have bolstered R&D processes.
9. Attract and retain qualified personnel.
13. High quality attracts customers.
14. Improvement in cost efficient products.
15. Ability to react to changing markets.
16. Key positioning in various parts of the country and worldwide.
23. Image as industry leader.
27. Highly developed supply chain management infrastructure.
2. High inventory level.
4. Bad stock performance for the past few quarters.
7. Low and shallow R&D compare to competitors.
18. Unsuccessful acquisitions.
21. Weak Optical technology segment.
24. Lack in service provider sector.
25. Weak communication equipment.
27. Sales and marketing expenses are expected to increase annually.
OPPORTUNITIES--O SO STRATEGIES WO STRATEGIES
1. Increase in on-line population in U.S. to 90million by 2004.
2,3. Increase in wireless demand.
6,7,8,9. Expectation of tremendous increase in Asian internet spending.
11. Strong U.S. currency exchange rate.
12. Expansion of optical products.
14. Expansion of DSL products and services.
15. e-Business boom
17. Lot of markets worldwide where government forces are not the same. 1. Recruit many experts overseas to penetrate the Asian DSL market. (S9, O6-9, O11, O14)
2. Acquire well-known international networking companies to familiarize people with Cisco. (S5, S8, S23, O6-9, O11, O14)
3. Acquire companies with high wireless tech., target U.S. as well as international markets, and use supply chain management skill to operate efficiently. (S5, S16, S27, O1-3)
4. Concentrate on optical product lines to reduce the product cost and market worldwide using their dominant market position image. (S8, S14-16, S23, S27, O12)
5. Use e-business strategies to further leverage market. (S13, S23, S27, O15) 1. Make connections with big local networking distributors to increase the worldwide market share as well as...