* I want to be the very best, like no one ever was…
* Introduced to the U.S in 1998, Pokemon has impacted numerous children with its T.V shows, trading cards, and video games. Many kids such as myself, were instantly hooked on this new game.
* Now, I did not choose the Pokemon life, the Pokemon life choose me.
* As a Pokemon master, obviously I have been playing Pokemon my whole life. (Ethos)
* To add to my credit, I have successfully defeated 24 gym leaders and marched my way to become the pokemon champion in three different regions.
* By the end of this speech, I hope that you all will either rekindle your inner love for pokemon or get a sense of what Pokemon really is. I will describe and explain to you the concept of the video game.
* Pokemon is a role playing game, in which you are a character and goals are to capture pokemon for either the sake of acquiring every pokemon or to help you beat other pokemon trainers.
* In the game, you begin by choosing your character, girl or boy and then naming yourself.
* Let’s just say the creativity of names changes as you grow up….
* After this, In pokemon fire, Professor Oak will allow you to pick one pokemon out of three to be your starting pokemon.
* Now this is a crucial process as it is your starting pokemon and you want to pick a pokemon that will help you in the long run whether it is beating a certain gym leader or beating the elite four.
* These three pokemon are each unique as it is either a fire, water, or grass type. Personally, I go with grass as strong grass type pokemon are fairly rare to find.
* After choosing your pokemon, you are open the huge world of Pokemon.
* Varying through different kind of game or “generations” of pokemon you have, you will explore the huge and vast regions as well as the types of pokemon it entails differing in each generation.
* Pokemon can differ in numerous ways. From the type of abilities they can use to the...