How to Deal with Conflict
Conflict in a team is an inevitable dynamic. And it doesn't have to be destructive if managed well. Here are some options on how to handle conflict among your team members.
• Ask those who disagree to paraphrase one another's comments. This may help them learn if they really understand each other.
• Work out a compromise. Agree on the underlying source of conflict, then engage in a give-and-take and, finally, agree on a solution.
• Ask each member to list what the other side should do. Exchange lists, select a compromise all are willing to accept and test the compromise to see if it meshes with team goals.
• Have each side write 10 questions for their opponents. This will allow them to signal their major concerns about the other side's position. And the answers may lead to a compromise.
• Convince team members they sometimes may have to admit they're wrong. Help them save face by convincing them that changing a position shows strength.
• Respect the experts on the team. Give their opinions more weight when the conflict involves their expertise, but don't rule out conflicting opinions.
De,, yang ini bisa di pake utk yang initiating good communication
and Adopting positive attitude
* Kl yang Resolving the conflict through win win solution
Ways People Deal With Conflict
There is no one best way to deal with conflict. It depends on the current situation. Here are the major ways that people use to deal with conflict.
1. Avoid it. Pretend it is not there or ignore it.
a. Use it when it simply is not worth the effort to argue. Usually this approach tends
to worsen the conflict over time.
2. Accommodate it. Give in to others, sometimes to the extent that you compromise yourself.
a. Use this approach very sparingly and infrequently, for example, in situations
when you know that you will have another more useful approach in the very
near future. Usually this approach tends to worsen the conflict...