Perception of IT professionals on Soft skills and how to improve it
Speech and language are tools that humans use to communicate or share thoughts, ideas and emotions. Language is the set of rules shared by the individuals who are communicating. So without a language you are almost as equal as stranded. Thus this report is dedicated in searching how important it is improving language skills as experienced by four individuals in the IT industry.
English is the language of technology. All of the cutting-edge technology manuals are written in English. If you want to keep up with or get ahead of the competition, you must understand English. Well, nevertheless, to start with, I would like to begin with summing up what all four of them agreed and recommended.
* For effective improvement we need to consider reading, writing, speaking and listening skills. What ultimately raises the standard of an individual regarding a language is the development altogether in above four areas, it is important to remember that they do not stand alone.
* USE the internet. You can most possibly find a way from how to tie a knot to try making planes on the internet. And if you’re just a Google maniac like me, you can fetch the meaning of any word in an instant. Just type define: .It’s just that simple now.
* Read a book a month, Learn a new word every day, Visit an English speaking forum every day, Read a news article on the net every day, Do 10 minutes listening practice every day, Watch an English film at least once a month, follow a comedy or TV drama or radio in English are a few goals we can setup to follow. Above steps are 100% guaranteed to try on all my interviewees voted for them. I myself have come to realize that.
* Play games. Play scrabble, crosswords….We find them always on newspapers. This sounds fun and it is inspiring.
* Join a club. Toastmasters Club is the best example. We have Gavel club at our own university to broaden the horizons.