LAW/575 Final Exam
1) Which of the following is true regarding state and federal court jurisdiction?
A. In all cases, state courts have concurrent jurisdiction with the federal courts.
B. Federal courts begin with exclusive jurisdiction until a state court intervenes.
C. In all cases, state courts have exclusive jurisdiction unless the state's Supreme Court grants jurisdiction to a federal court in the state.
D. In some cases, state courts have exclusive jurisdiction; in some cases, state courts have concurrent jurisdiction with the federal courts.
2) Which of the following is true regarding a sole proprietorship?
A. A sole proprietor shares control of the management of the business.
B. The sole proprietor keeps a portion of the profits from the business.
C. Profits are not taxed as the personal income of the sole proprietor.
D. A sole proprietor is personally liable for obligations of the business.
3) Which of the following is a type of ADR?
C. Case argument
D. Case analysis
4) Which of the following is an extension of negotiation?
C. Neutral case evaluations
5) Without obtaining advance permission, Annie places an unflattering photograph of the president of the college that she attends on folders that she is selling outside of class for extra money. Which of the following is true?
A. Annie has committed defamation of the college president in the form of slander.
B. Annie has committed defamation of the college president in the form of libel.
C. Annie has appropriated the photograph for commercial gain, which constitutes an invasion of privacy.
D. Annie has not committed any tort.
Find the final exam answers here just a click away LAW 575 Final Exam Answers
6) ________ torts occur when the defendant takes an action that is inherently dangerous and cannot ever be undertaken safely, no matter what precautions the defendant takes.