The Working of Faith
Hebrews 11: 1 – 3
Matthew 6: 30 – worried about eating and clothing – “O you of little faith”
Matthew 8: 10 – Centurion “Just say the word.” – “I have not found such great faith.”
Mark 2: 5 – friends brought the paralytic man before Jesus: – Jesus saw their faith and said, son your sins are forgiven.
Sure before you see
Hebrews 11:1–3 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
* martureo (mar-too-reh'-o); Have good, honest report, be well reported of.
2. Having before you receive
I John 5:14–15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.
* He has to go out like victors even before the victory!!
* vs. 15 “Arise for the Lord has given the camp of the Midians into your hands.”
3. Act before it happens
James 1: 6–8 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
1. Note James 1: 6 – 8 again: are there things you have asked from the Lord and you have not received because you doubted and you have been double-minded? How do you stop doubting?
2. Can we all share what are some things we can do to build up a strong faith atmosphere in our church worship services or in our cell meetings?
3. Is there an exercise of faith you should do in a particular areas of your life to “act before it happens”?