Obama - Civil Rights
· Passed the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which will allow women to recieve the same pay as men get for the same quality and amount of work.
· As a result of Obamacare, more insurance plans are covering the cost of birth control and mammograms, as well as offering the same amount of coverage men get for the same price.
· Obama believes that a woman's medical desicion is her own personal and private descicion and should be respected. In other words, a woman should have the right to abortion. She does not have to accept this option, but it should be there if so desired.
· Obama fought for funding gor the Planned Parenthood program, which offers many services such as breast cancer and cervical cancer screenings.
· Obama enabled the Dream Act, which prevents children brought to the US from being deported. They will be allowed to stay in the US as well as earn citizenship through military service or through higher education.
· Illegal Immigrants are allowed to reside in the US while going through the proccess of becoming a legal immigrant.
The Disabled, The Veterans, and The Seniors
· Obama enacted the Affordable Care Act, which grants many benefits to disabled Americans, and also enacted the Disablities Education Act, which gives disabled Americans the same educaion as everyone else.
· Obama increased the Department of Justice's budget for their Civil Rights Division.
· After Obamacare was passed, the cost of prescription medication for the eldery significantly lowered.
· The President passed the Recovery Act, which gave a one time payment of $250 to many retired seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities.
· Under Obamacare, he has added free preventive care, saving seniors an average of $600 a year.
LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community)
· At the beginning of his presidency, Obama did not support same-sex marriage, but now his views have evolved. He feels that denying marriage to...